Loading ...

User Dropdown Menu Options | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » User Dropdown Menu Options
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

User Dropdown Menu Options

Subscribe to RSS
  • jswaddell

I have turned off a Member's ability to edit their Preferences or Password, but these links are still showing in the user dropdown menu from the top nav bar. Is there another setting I need to adjust to remove these two links? Or is this a CSS issue? Or is it a bug?

• Foster

Hi Jay,

You should be able to turn this off using the Control Panel > People > User Section Permissions and turning off the edit and view options for the member account.

Thanks,
    Foster

• jswaddell

Well, I would like to allow Members to edit their profile picture and office/mobile phone numbers, just not their preferences, username or password. Is that possible?

• nvstiers

If you are only wanting to hide certain fields from the user preference page you can edit the Edit User Preferences Page 

Then edit the field's properties, each field has a Role tab that allows you to choose the roles that can see this field. All fields are set to unrestricted by default meaning everyone can see the field.

• nvstiers
    Answered

Adding this CSS will hide the links in the user dropdown menu

li.manage-password-link {
    display: none;
    }

li.preference {
    display: none;
    }
  • jswaddell

Thank you. I have changed the permissions for the entire User Preferences page to be viewable only by Admins and Moderators, but the dropdown menu link was still visible to Members. I was also able to hide the password field from Members, but again, the link in the dropdown menu was still visible. When a Member clicked on either the Change Password or Preferences links from the dropdown menu, they would see blank pages, which was confusing. I will use the CSS to hide these links.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)