Loading ...

Metrics/Reporting | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Metrics/Reporting

Subscribe to RSS
  • jeburns

Good afternoon.  We currently use the views icon on our pages to see how many times a specific page has been looked at by users.  What we are now hoping to do is some type of built in metric or report export.  The information we are looking to get is how many times a page(article) has been viewed as well as how many times a link has been clicked on, if possible. 

At this time being able to select a date range of when this information occurred was not requested but may be in the future so if this is a possibility it would be helpful as well.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Jeff,

We do offer some analytics in this fashion. You can navigate to the Control Panel > Analytics.

Here you can see an Audience Overview , Membership Report and Search Analytics .

Is this the type of content you are looking for?

Thanks,
    Foster

• jeburns
    Answered

When I click on the analytics dropdown I do not get the the same list shown in the image in your link.  I only see Audience Overview, Membership Report, and Search Analytics.  Content Statistics seems like it is the closest thing to what we need but I do not have that option. 

From looking at the screenshots in the documentation (https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/5/communifire-documentation/wiki/view/38506/content-statistics), I see where you can track views by date.  But in the shot it only specifies by space.  Would we be able to specify by article and/or post?

Also, for the graphs they show is there a feature to export that information to an external spreadsheet or graph?

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

This is available in our latest version, Communifire 7.0. Your site is currently on version 6.0. Please submit a private case here to request a site upgrade.

You can use Top Content and Manage Space: Top Content to track content views. You can filter by space and by content type. The analytics can't be exported.

Grace

• jeburns

Thank you.  I have submitted a case for this.  In the meantime do you know why we do not see the Content Statistics option under Analytics?  Or is this also a function only in version 7.0?

Another question I was asked was if there is a way to go beyond a view count on the page but also a view/click count on links if/when they are included in posts.

• raghav_khunger

Hi Jeff,

"Content Statistics" is the part of 7.0 release.

Thanks,
    Raghav

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

Click analytics are not a part of content statistics. Search Analytics includes click-through rates for searches.

Grace

• jeburns

What about if the article posted also excludes a link to another source.  Is there a metric that tracks how many people click the external link in the article?

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

Link clicks aren't tracked.

Grace

• jeburns

We finally did a site update to enable these functions.  I am looking into using it all now.  I see the content and search analytics and the variables to get a range of what you are trying to track.  I see you can go from Space and content type with in a certain date range.  but are you able to select a specific piece of content?

I know I can go to that content piece on the site and see the number of views.  The only issue there is that is just a general counter and does not show when the views took place,

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

The Top Content page only provides a list of content. It isn't possible to filter for a specific piece of content.

For specific content, you can click the eye icon or click the gear icon > View Report to get more detailed information about views.

Grace

• jeburns

When I click on the eye icon nothing comes up.  I went through the view report link and saw where someone else had the same issue but the solution that worked for them (changing the space view permissions) does not work for me.  I made sure the role I have is checked for view report but i still cannot click it.

• gskamau

Hey Jeff,

You can see the View Report option in the gear menu but clicking the eye icon doesn't open the report, is that correct? Are you trying to click the eye icon on the content page or from the content homepage in the space?

Grace