Loading ...

Showing a space when it's selected in Content type | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Showing a space when it's selected in Content type
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Showing a space when it's selected in Content type

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

I am trying to have a space load in a content list widget, in addition to having a wiki load next to it. I created my own template to use so that they appear as buttons next to each other. 

However, when I have Space and wiki selected as the content type, neither of them show up on my page.

If I just select Space under Content type and keep Security Awareness under Spaces, that loads fine:

I even included the tag to the wiki I want to load, but that doesn't do anything. Both contents don't load on the page.

Why do

• Foster

Hi Xeng,

Can you test this without using tags? 

Also, does this work with just Wiki and without space? 

I am just trying to narrow it down to the bare bones so we can figure out what element is not working. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Xenon

This works without using tags, but there's a specific wiki I am trying to pull.

Yes to your second question. It works with just Wiki and without space.

• Xenon

Any updates on this?

• Foster

Hey Xeng, 

I'm working on this for you right now. Would it be possible to do this as two separate widgets next to each other? 

Also, according to the Content List Widget documentation, Space is not a supported content type. It may be easier to use a Raw HTML widget to create a button for each link you want to present. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Xenon

I tried doing the separate widgets, but the layout isn't what I want. The original user who created this had it in a raw html widget, but when I moved it, all the other buttons were shoved to the bottom. I'll play around with this for a bit.

• Xenon

Although I just fixed this myself using a raw html widget, I'd still like to know why the content list widget glitches like that when I have a space and wiki selected. If a case needs to be submitted, let me know. Thanks.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

With the tag, I believe it would be looking for a wiki and a space, both with this tag. Since a space cannot have a tag, the moment you add a tag to the filter, it will filter out any spaces that are included. 

I believe that this was the crux of the issue that was preventing both from appearing.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)