Loading ...

Edit Anonymous User | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Edit Anonymous User
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Edit Anonymous User

Subscribe to RSS
  • cjbrooks

How can you edit the Anonymous user so when people leave the organization, their content doesn't show author as 'anon anon'?

Grace Manci 

• Foster

Hi Chris,

When you delete a user from Communifire, it gives you a few options as to what to do with their content. 

If you choose the System Anonymous User you will see their content listed as Anonymous. 

You can at this stage, re-assign the content to another user, so you never see Anon Anon in the first place.

Or, you can delete the user's content completely.

If you already chose the first option and are seeing Anon Anon, you can try changing the author by using  Ghostwrite Content . With this new feature, you will be able to assign a user as the designated author. You will have to first enable Ghost Writing by going to Manage Space > System Properties > and set Ghost Writing Enabled to True.

Once this is done, you should be able to change the author.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic,
    Foster

• cjbrooks

This particular person who is leaving has 100s of pieces of content on the site.  It's not appropriate to assign to 1 person or feasible to ghost write everything.  

Isn't there a way to re-name the anonymous user?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Chris,

You can go to the following URL, it should be the profile of your systems Anonymous user. From here, you can edit the First and Last name of the user, as well as the username, and this is now what will show up on your site. 

https://yourURL.com/myaccount/edit-profile/2

Let me know if this solution works out for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• cjbrooks

Exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)