Loading ...

How to load results based on a tag used as a URL | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How to load results based on a tag used as a URL
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How to load results based on a tag used as a URL

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

Is there a way to create a link that calls a tag that is used in several articles so that when a user clicks on it, it will load the results of those articles based on that tag?

For instance, if I have a tag called "corporate news", and I've been adding those to all of my articles, I want to create a link where the user clicks on it, and it will load a search results page that has all of those articles listed?

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct programming or web terms in my question, but that's the best I can explain it.

The only way I've found to do it is to do a manual search using that tag and copying/pasting the results URL into my link. However, that would mean I would have to update that link each time I publish a new article that has the tag in it, which isn't ideal.

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

You should be able to use the search results URL from a manual search to get results published at any time. Enter an asterisk as the keyword, and filter by tag and any other filters, as shown below. The URL that is produced will work for content published at any time.

Grace

• Xenon

When I initially do what you instructed, the page loads the correct content, but when I use that URL in a hyperlink, the page does not load anything. I get this instead: 

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Xeng,

This appears to be a bug that occurs when there are no tag groups on the site. I've made our development team aware of the issue. We'll let you know when a fix is available.

As a temporary fix, you can create a temporary tag group in Control Panel > System > Tag Groups . You may need to add a tag to the group as well. The tag group will appear on the search page as a filter, but you can hide it by adding the following CSS to Control Panel > System > CSS Overrides .

.axero-search-section-tag-group {display:none;}

Grace

• Xenon

Grace, 

All of my tags use underscores instead of dashes. When I create a tag within the tag group, it automatically makes my underscores into dashes. Is there no way around that?

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

I've created a case for our development team to look into it. We'll let you know when a fix is available for this as well.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)