Loading ...

Question about bulk importing users into spaces | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Question about bulk importing users into spaces
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Question about bulk importing users into spaces

Subscribe to RSS
  • mdrain

I used Bulk Import People to add a group a users to a new space, and have confirmed that they were added under Manage Space > People. However, they appear to populate /people only after visiting the space (I'm guessing). Is this expected behavior, or should everyone that's been added be listed?

• gskamau

Hey Maxwell,

Could you try rebuilding the search index in Control Panel > System > Advanced System Utilities? Do all the imported users appear in the Space People page after rebuilding the index?

Grace

• mdrain

Yes, they appear now. Should not be necessary to rebuild the search index.

Thanks,
    Maxwell

• gskamau

Hey Maxwell,

You are right. I believe this issue has been fixed recently. When your site is next updated, you shouldn't have to rebuild the index.

Grace

• mdrain

This is not fixed. I just bulk import members into a space; they appear in Manage Space > People but not /people.

• gskamau

Hey Maxwell,

Did you bulk import new users or existing users?

Grace

• mdrain

Existing users on Communifire.

• gskamau

Hey Maxwell,

I was able to reproduce this in our test environment. I've made our development team aware of the issue. We'll let you know when there's a fix.

Grace

• mdrain

This issue also occurs when using User/Space Assignment Rules to assign users to spaces. All members are not listed until after the search index is rebuilt.

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Maxwell,

I've reported this issue to our development team as well.

Grace

• gskamau

Hey Maxwell,

Both issues have been fixed by our development team. You should receive the fix in your next site update.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)