Loading ...

People widget that displays only administrators | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » People widget that displays only administrators
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

People widget that displays only administrators

Subscribe to RSS
  • victorit

Hello,

Can we add people widget and show only the administrators in list of people of specified space.

Thank you

Viktorya

Viktorya
  • Foster

Hi Viktorya,

It is not possible to add a roles filter to the people widget. 

You can however, use the Raw HTML widget and Javascript to pull and list Administrators using the REST API . I would recommend using REST API: Get Space Users and filtering by Role ID under the optional parameters. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Viktorya,

There are some alternative workarounds available that could give you what you want. 

1) You can use the Content List Widget and set the content type to User. Then use the Author field to display the users you would like. This will not automatically pull the Admins of a space, but it allows you to have a manually populated list on your space's page.

2) You can mark the admin users as Featured Users. Then in a space, you can use a people widget and the people directory template, then set the featured drop down to yes. The widget will now only display users who are featured.

3) Finally, you can create a custom field on the Edit Edit Profile Page for the Space Roles. You can set the visibility of this field to Admin so that only Site Admins can see and edit them. Once you have done this, you can use this field to filter users in the People Widget. 

I hope these alternate methods help achieve your goal. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Foster

• victorit

Thank you Foster for your response. It will help!

Viktorya
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)