Loading ...

Add external user to a space | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Add external user to a space
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Add external user to a space

Subscribe to RSS
  • Kurt3k

Hello,

I can't for the life of me find step-by-step instructions for adding an external member, with an external email address to a space. I try to add a person and I am getting an "invalid" email address message. Can someone assist?

Thanks,

--Kurt

• Foster

Hi Kurt,

If you are trying to add a non-Communifire member to the space, you will have to use the Invite User option instead of the Add User option.

Add user is for communifire members, invite user will send the person an email asking them to join your communifire intranet and then join your space.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• Kurt3k

Hi Foster,

Ok, I will start with that. Once the user accepts the invite, how ill the user show up and what are my options for giving that person access and levels of permissions?

Sorry, I know this is probably all very basic stuff. I appreciate your assiatance.

--Kurt

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Kurt,

Not a problem at all. Once you invite a user, they will get an email inviting them to create an account. Once they do this, a System Admin will have to approve them to join the Communifire site. 

Typically, a user joins with only the most basic role, the member role. This is also typically how they join a space as well. A System Admin or a Space Admin can change these roles respectively. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• Kurt3k

Hey Foster,

Thanks again! Will give this a try. ;-)

--Kurt

• Kurt3k

Hi again Foster,

It looks like the invite isn't working. For some reason the system is telling the person that I invited that his email address is "invalid". Is there a way to force the system to recognize addresses from specific domains?

--Kurt

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Kurt,

Yes there is. Under Control Panel > General Settings. There is a section called Allowed email domains for user registration. Currently it is set to only allow emails ending in @bestcollateral.com and @axerosolutions.com. You can edit this section to allow more email address's to join.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Kurt3k

Foster,

That worked. Thanks!

--Kurt

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)