Loading ...

Approving space requests | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Approving space requests
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Approving space requests

Subscribe to RSS
  • dwheelan

Currently when someone requests to join a space, a notification is sent out to every member of that space. We need only administrators to receive these notifications. Is this possible? 

• Foster

Hi Dani,

When you go to Manage Space and click Permissions. What do you see? The ability to approve users is listed under Moderate.

Only those users who have the ability to moderate should receive the notification. Is this the case?

Thanks,
    Foster

• dwheelan

We have similar settings to your attached photo. However, I did a little digging and apparently everyone on our entire intranet has been made into an administrator on every space. 

1) This has to be a bug because it hasn't always been like this.

And 2) How do we fix this? This is a HUGE security concern for our company. 

• dwheelan
    On 11/20/19 1:39 PM, Dani Wheelan said:

We have similar settings to your attached photo. However, I did a little digging and apparently everyone on our entire intranet has been made into an administrator on every space. 

1) This has to be a bug because it hasn't always been like this.

And 2) How do we fix this? This is a HUGE security concern for our company. 

I'm attaching a few photos for reference.

• Foster

Hi Dani,

In Manage Space, you can check off each members name, then click the Set Role button at the top right of the people listing. 

This way you can mass change user roles to fit what you need. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• dwheelan

Foster, 

These settings were already applied. And then changed. Why did this happen? It seems ridiculous that WE need to go back and redo settings that were already applied, tested and were functional for quite some time. 

Dani

• Foster

Hi Dani,

I can make these changes for you if you would like. You would just need to provide me a list of the users that you would like to not be changed back to regular member for each space. 

As for why this was changed, we have no reports of bugs causing this change. It is possible this was accidentally done while trying to edit the role of a single user. Or, if you have recently used the bulk import tool, space roles can be mass updated through that as well. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• dwheelan

Hi Foster,

Well, okay. Yes if you could do that, that would be great. Here's the information you should need:

Administrators and Moderators for all spaces: Danielle Wheelan, Cassie Cunningham, JC Zalog

Space Moderators:

• Home -  Chris Hamon, Angie O’Dell
    • Accounting & Purchasing – Tim Shafer, Serena Ervin
    • Building Facilities – Beau Jackson, Ross Allen
    • Engineering – Beau Jackson, Ross Allen
    • I.T. – JC Zalog
    • Operations – John Combs
    • Safety – Larry Hughes
    • Board of Directors – Angie O’Dell
    • Customer Service & Billing - Tim Shafer, Velma Haefeker, Cody Balisle
    • Human Resources – Angie O’Dell, Nikki Young
    • Communications – Cassie Cunningham, Danielle Wheelan
    • Water Cooler – None

On all the private spaces: No space moderator

Members: Everyone should be a part of all public spaces.

Thanks, 

Dani

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Dani,

I have changed the roles of all of your public spaces. It does not appear that the private spaces were changed in the first place, most users are simply members in those spaces, so I did not make changes.

Thanks,
    Foster

• dwheelan

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)