Loading ...

Embedded video has large gap beneath it in an article | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Embedded video has large gap beneath it in an article
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Embedded video has large gap beneath it in an article

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

I am embedding a video into an article, but I am not able to figure out why it is also inserting a large gap after it. I looked at the margins and padding, as well as the dimensions of the video itself. Still, nothing seems to remove that gap that's there. What's causing this?

Additionally, when I embed a video in a 3:6:3 layout, the video's width is always wider than what I had specified. In the screenshot below, I wanted to see if changing the dimensions of the video would adjust the width of the video section, but it's still the same. 

• Foster

Hi Xeng,

When you embed a video, are you using Insert > Media then providing a URL under the General tab or using an Embed code under the Embed tab? 

Thanks,
    Foster 

• Xenon

I am using the embed code that appears under the video on the page it lives on.

• Foster

Hi Xeng,

If you copy the URL, please try using the insert > media, then paste the URL into the source. This allows you to edit the dimensions the way you would like them and will not produce a space underneath the media you insert. 

Let me know if this method has better results for you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Xenon

That method is not ideal because it forces the user to scroll down in that area to view the video. It's an odd experience, and it looks silly.

• Foster

Hi Xeng,

Can you give an example of how you are embedding videos? Are you using insert media and pasting in an embed code with an iFrame? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Xenon

Foster,

I've tried this two ways.

1. I have copied the embed code from the video page and placed the <iframe> code within the article. This resulted in the gap after the video that I already mentioned.
    2. Using the Insert/edit media button in the WYSIWYG, I insert the URL of the video from the page the video lives on. This resulted in a very odd section where the user scrolls down to see the video. I did not insert the <iframe> embed code in the Source line here. 

Clicking on the Embed tab is where I can insert the iframe code, but that's no different than pasting the iframe code myself.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

When I create a embed using the embed tab, I do not get the gap that you described. However, I would like you to open up a Private Case so that we can talk about the specifics of your site and how the layout is being effected. 

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)