Loading ...

Can I define what an invitee has to do when joining? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Can I define what an invitee has to do when joining?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Can I define what an invitee has to do when joining?

Subscribe to RSS
  • cconnors

Can I define what an invitee has to do when joining?  Right now, they are prompted to complete their very involved profile, and I’d prefer that they not be prompted with that yet.  I’d like them to simply register and then be in the community.

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Corey,

You can add or remove fields from the registration page by going to Control Panel > People > User Profiles and clicking Edit Registration Page . Note that if any required fields are on the registration page, users will have to complete those fields in order to register.

When users log in, they will be directed to complete their profile if they have any required fields that need to be filled. It isn't possible to change this behavior. You can, however, make fields optional. Follow the steps below.

1. Go to Control Panel > People > User Profiles
    2. Click the gear icon next to Edit Profile and click Edit Edit Profile Page 
    3. On the field you want to make optional, click the gear icon > Edit properties
    4. Set Number required to 0
    5. Click Save Widget
    6. Update any other fields
    7. Click Publish changes

Note that some basic fields (first name, last name, etc) can't be made optional.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)