Loading ...

Image caption | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Image caption

Subscribe to RSS
  • cdale

Hi there, 

We've has some issues adding captions on images in our blogs. In the preview, the captions appear underneath the image, but once published the caption shows up in the body of the blog. Any way to fix this?

Thanks, 

Chloie

• gskamau

Hey Chloie,

Is there any formatting applied to the text or image? You can check by clicking View > View Source in the editor toolbar. Do you see style= anywhere?

Grace

• cdale

Hey  Grace Kamau , 

I don't see a style tag in the text/image. We tried to align the photo and caption but that didn't seem to work either. Here's the code we have for the image and caption. 

Thanks, 

Chloie

• gskamau

Hey Chloie,

Do you want the image and caption to be right aligned? Or do you want them to appear on the page the same way they appear in the editor?

Grace

• cdale

Grace Kamau , 

We'd like to have the image and caption be right-aligned. 

Thanks, 

Chloie

• gskamau

Hey Chloie,

Add style="text-align: left;" to the image and style="text-align: right;" to the caption.

Alternatively, you can enter the caption as regular text in the editor. Click on either side of the image then in the toolbar click Format > Align > Right. Next, click to the right of the image, press Shift + Enter, and type the caption text. Shift + Enter will produce less space between the image and text than pressing Enter.

Grace

• cdale

Hey  Grace Kamau , 

I'm still having a hard time. Here is what I get when I put in the code you suggested

I also tried the shift enter method and didn't get the desired outcome. Ideally, we'd like the body text to wrap around the photo while have the caption the same width and underneath the photo.Is there way to have the captions default to that width and position?

Thanks, 
    Chloie

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Chloie,

Try this instead:

1. Add an image
    2. Add a caption by clicking the image then clicking the photo icon in the editor toolbar > Caption > OK
    3. Type the caption text
    4. Click View > View Source
    5. Add style="width: 50%; float: right;" to the figure tag like below

You can replace 50% with your desired width. Your content should end up looking like this:

Grace

• cdale

Grace Kamau that worked! 

Thanks, 
    Chloie

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)