Loading ...

Share Email Feature | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Share Email Feature
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Share Email Feature

Subscribe to RSS
  • jbwilliams33

I am having trouble using the "Share Email" feature from within the site. The email settings are set on th site but nothing is received. Can someone assist me? Thanks

• Foster

Hi Jason,

Do you mean the Share Email checkbox that you find when you go to your account Preferences? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• jbwilliams33

No, the "Forward to a friend" feature.

• Foster

Hi Jason,

Can you ensure that Enable Email Setting is checked in the General Settings in the control panel?

Thanks,
    Foster

• jbwilliams33

Yes, I have confirmed those settings along with adjusting the SMTP information. 

• jbwilliams33

Interesting update. Emails are now working but it takes from 10-15 minutes to receive the shared content. Any reason for the slowed delay?

• Foster

Hi Jason,

If a lot of emails are being sent, sometimes the emails are throttled or queued up. This will cause a delay in emails. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• jbwilliams33

I am the only person who is using this feature. Is there a log that can help me troubleshoot?

• Foster

Hi Jason,

You can go to Control Panel > System > Exception Log to see if there are any errors being produced. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• jbwilliams33

Foster,

Thanks for your patience. There is nothing in the "Exception Log". The message sits in the "Queued Email Messages" for about 15-20 minutes being processed.

Can we schedule a call or a screen share session?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Jason,

This is something that can be fixed by updating your site to Communifire 6.0. If this is something that you would like to do, please Submit A Private Case and we can coordinate a time to update your site. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• jbwilliams33

Just to confirm, this delay is probably a bug with v5.2 and v6.0 will correct this issue?

• Foster

Hi Jason,

That is correct. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• cconnors

I would add that it would be ideal to be able to use this share option to basically make other users aware of any content in our community.  Ideally, I'd click "share" and then be able to select from our users (much like the @mention) and then that user would get an in-system alert and a traditional email.  This is really useful for driving users to the content, and helping them see the value of Communifire.

This should also be possible for sharing to a handful of users.

• gskamau

Hey Corey,

Thanks for the suggestion. As an alternative, you can send a Mass Email in Control Panel > People > Manage People. Select Create custom email to create your own email.

Grace

• cconnors

Thanks for that idea.  The value comes from being on a piece of content, and being able to immediately share it with other users.  Having to leave that page to create a mass email will be too many steps. 

I will share that I've been using Jive for almost 10 years, so a lot of these requests are based on features that exist in that system, and that I've seen provide big value for all clients.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)