Loading ...

Automatic log out | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Automatic log out

Subscribe to RSS
  • dutley

Is there a setting somewhere that controls timeout if the application is not active in the browser?  We like for users to be automatically logged out after a set time.

• Foster

Hi Doug,

You can set the expiration of the cookie. To do this, view system properties documentation and search for "cookie".

You won't be automatically booted if you are still on the site, but if you exited the browser you would be logged out after a period of time.

If you want to log out an active user, you would need to ban the user.

Thanks,
    Foster

• dutley

Foster, so if I understand correctly, the user must exit the browser session to be logged out.  That is if the browser were to stay open, the user could come back to it and continue work.  Do I understand correctly?  

Thanks,

Doug

• Foster

Hi Doug,

Yes that is correct. You cannot log out an actively logged in user that is still on the site. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• mdrain

Hi, Foster. I only see cookie properties for chat, forms, and time zone in System Properties 

Do the forms ones control application access?

Do the properties work for Azure AD?

• Foster
    Answered

There should be two cookie settings. 

FormsAuthNonPersistentCookieTimeOutInMinutes system property works when "RememberMe" is not checked on the login page, and FormsAuthPersistentCookieTimeOutInMinutes system property works when "RememberMe" is checked.

So, if you set FormsAuthNonPersistentCookieTimeOutInMinutes to 10, and you did not select Remember Me at login, you will be logged out in 10 mins after closing the browser. 

If you set FormsAuthPersistentCookieTimeOutInMinutes to 10, and you did select Remember Me at login, you will be logged out in 10 minutes after closing the browser. 

I hope this clears things up,
    Foster

• mdrain

There is no "Remember Me" option with Azure AD.

• Foster

Hi Maxwell,

These cookie settings will still log out a user with an SSO enabled, as it will log out the Communifire Account, therefore the SSO account as well. 

It is typically suggested that these values are set to be equal, so that all users expire in the same intervals. In an SSO site, please set both values to the same value as well. 

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)