Loading ...

Having users input info into their profile, but only allowing Admins/Mods view it. | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Having users input info into their profile, but only allowing Admins/Mods view it.
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Having users input info into their profile, but only allowing Admins/Mods view it.

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

Is there a way for some user information to be hidden and only viewed by admins/mods? We're wanting to house vehicle information without other users being able to view it. Is this possible? 

Our alternative is to use Survey Monkey, but we'd prefer to have it all in once place instead of using another platform. 

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Xeng,

Yes, you can do this by using the Roles tab when you configure the profile field. Add the field to the Edit Profile page as normal. When you add the field to the User Profiles page, click the gear icon > Edit properties > Roles tab and check which roles are allowed to view the field in user profiles. Only users with the roles you check will be able to see that field in user profiles.

Grace

• Xenon

Thanks, Grace.

If people filled out that field, is there a way to filter and search for them instead of looking at every single profile?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

You can do this by editing the Edit Profile and View Profile pages. You can find these by going to Control Panel > People > User Profiles . Here you will find the pages Edit Profile and User Profile. 

First click on Edit Profile, Edit Page

Here you can add a new TextBox Widget, in this case, we are naming it Vehicles.

Click on Publish Changes to save. 

Now go back to the previous page and select User Profile, and Edit Page. 

Here you can add the Vehicle Widget you just created to the user profile page. Click on the gear icon next to the vehicle widget after you place it, and select the roles you would like to be able to view this information. 

Click on Publish Changes.

Your users are now able to enter their vehicle information, and only Moderators and Site Admins will be able to see this when they view a profile. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster 

• Xenon

Foster Clark 

I understood how to do that part, but my second ask was how or if it's possible to filter and find only those people who filled out the vehicle registration field?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

You cannot filter to show only those who have filled out the vehicle registration field.

You can search for a specific vehicle registration through the top search if you have Content in field included in search selected in the configure widget section however. 

If you would like to see the users who have filled out the Vehicle section on their profile, your best option would be to go to Manage People > Options > Download CSV. This will get you a spreadsheet where you can see which users have filled out the Vehicle field. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• Xenon

Foster Clark 

Since I'm a site admin, I should be able to see these fields on my profile page, correct? Right now, I'm not able to see them. I've rebuilt the index, but it failed, so I don't know if that's what's causing the fields from showing up on my profile. I have to remove them for now so that no one sees them and fills them out.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

Yes once you add the field to the Edit Profile page, then the User Profile page, the field should be visible to you as a site admin after the profile has been edited to include the information. 

I see that you opened a case on the failed index rebuild so I will address that topic there privately. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Xenon

If users have more than three vehicles, we want additional fields for them to input that information. However, when I reuse the "make" and "model" fields, they are somehow attached to each other, meaning, if I put Ford in the first "make" field, it also shows up in the second "make" field.

Deleting the information in the field will also delete the other.

Does each field have to be unique so that they're not tied to each other?

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

Yes as these widgets are added to the page builder page, they are essentially copies of each other. You would have to create a separate widget with a unique name. Something as simple as Make2 and Model2 would work. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• Xenon

I have everything ready and thought it was good to go, but the first row of field info bubbles is displaying incorrectly. It should say "Enter the make of your first vehicle". Seems to be loading the resource key?

Correct field.

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Xeng,

Can you try removing the widget, saving the page, then re-adding the widget? This may correct the issue. 

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)