Loading ...

Change user default settings system wide | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Change user default settings system wide
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Change user default settings system wide

Subscribe to RSS
  • tpeluso

Hello,

How do i change the Profile Visibility settings for all new and existing users?  

Share phone number and email should not be the default. 

• Foster

Hi Teresa,

You can edit the User Profile page to customize what appears when you view a users profile. You can do this by going to Control Panel > User Profiles. We have a video guide in our User Profiles documentation, that I have linked below. You can also take a look at Edit User Profile Field .

User Profiles Walkthrough

If you would like to hide people in bulk, you can use the Bulk Import feature. With this tool you can import a spreadsheet to update user data en masse.

If you would like to change the default settings for any new users. You can edit the fields in the Edit Profile page. You can reach this by going to Control Panel > People > User Profiles. After selecting the Edit Profile page, you can modify the fields available to fill out in a users profile.

I hope this information helps,
    Foster

• tpeluso

Not working -- default user settings are still showing YES  

Hello -- I was able to change the default settings however, when I tested by creating a new user - the defaults are still not correct.  I am not sure why.  Is there another setting somewhere else that are overriding?

HELP

• tpeluso

Hello -- I figured out the advance settings contains the default. 

Question -- where can I find the process to bulk upload the changes to just those default settings?

• Foster

Hi Teresa,

Just to confirm, when you add a new user the "Share Phone Number" option is now off correct?

Thanks,
    Foster

• tpeluso

yes it does based on my test user.

• Foster

Hi Teresa,

Now that any new users you create will have this option off, here is how you can bulk change the rest of the users phone preferences.

First go to Control Panel > Manage people. Select the gear icon options button, then select Download CSV.

Once you have this file downloaded, open it and scroll to the right until you find the column named Share my phone number. Set the values in this column to FALSE.

Delete all other columns besides Username, Email and Share My Phone Number.

Once this has been done and the .CSV file has been saved. Go back to Manage People and select Bulk Import People.

Select the file that you just edited and saved to import. Once you confirm the information is correct, click Continue, then the Bulk Import People button at the bottom. It will take some time to upload all of the users, but once the upload is complete, all users will have the Share Phone Number setting set to false.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• tpeluso

Share email is also off

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Teresa,

If you would also like Share Email to be off, keep that column in the CSV file and set its values to FALSE. This will turn it off as well.

So your finished CSV file will have just the following columns, Username, Email, Share Phone, Share Email.

Thanks,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)