Loading ...

Sub-space creation; joins request denials; invitations | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Sub-space creation; joins request denials; invitations
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Sub-space creation; joins request denials; invitations

Subscribe to RSS
  • ctorres
    Hi,
    When an admin creates a sub-space I see the learners receive an option to join the space.
    When they make the request admin sees a listing (under People/Join Requests).The admin can then accept/deny the approval.
    • When the admin approves, see the listing under People/People, requestor sees an indication, and requestor can then obviously access the sub-space.
    • When admin denies an approval, should there be any indication sent to requestor? And should there be a history of the denied request anywhere for the admin? I didn't see anything on the People section from space control panel so wanted to clarify.
    • I see a section for declined but that looks to be from invitations, not ones that admin has declined (have not confirmed that yet):
    • How do I invite users to sub-space after initial creation?

Thanks.

• gskamau

Hey Christine,

Yes, users are notified via email if their request to join a space is declined. There isn't a log of space request approvals.

Take a look at Invite People to Space to see how to invite people to a space. This also applies to sub spaces.

Grace

• ctorres

1) For a user that was declined access to a space, no email was received. Our test environment is set up to send emails to a certain server <>@certpointstaging.com. I assume the communifire server should interface also? I can follow up with  Anubhav Shah  Tony Shah as well. 

2) I went to search people but do not see an "+Invite People" option. Is there a setting to enable this?

Thanks

• gskamau

Hey Christine,

1) Try declining a test user from a space, then check if the email is in Control Panel > System > Email Queue . Make sure email sending is enabled in Control Panel > System > General Settings > Email Settings.

2) Go to Manage Space > Permissions > User and check the Invite People permission for your role.

Grace

• ctorres

Thank you.

1) I do not see anything in the email queue. I will follow up on that.

2) Permissions seem to be in place, any other setting I need to check to invite people to spaces?

• gskamau

Hey Christine,

Do you see an Invite People link in Manage Space? It should be under the People section.

Grace

• ctorres

HI, OK yes i see an (+) Add People under the <sub-space> manage space.

After I added a user, they received a notification.

Question - user does not see the sub-space under listings of spaces/communities and can only access the sub-space by clicking on the notification to the sub-space under the (bell). Is this the expectation?

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Christine,

Sub spaces don't appear in Browse Spaces . For members of the sub space, the sub space should appear in the Spaces dropdown menu in the header. Sub spaces also appear on the parent space's Activity Stream. Take a look at the Sub Space page to see screenshots and learn more.

Grace

• anubhavshah

hi grace, what about search? it should appear there as well, if you are member?

• gskamau

Hey Anubhav,

Yes, sub spaces and their content appear in search for space members.

Grace

• ctorres

to clarify all subspaces, regardless if private or public sub spaces?

• gskamau

Hey Christine,

Yes, private sub spaces and their content also appear in search for space members.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)