Yes, users are notified via email if their request to join a space is declined. There isn't a log of space request approvals.
Take a look at Invite People to Space to see how to invite people to a space. This also applies to sub spaces.
1) For a user that was declined access to a space, no email was received. Our test environment is set up to send emails to a certain server <>@certpointstaging.com. I assume the communifire server should interface also? I can follow up with Anubhav Shah infor Tony Shah as well.
2) I went to search people but do not see an "+Invite People" option. Is there a setting to enable this?
1) Try declining a test user from a space, then check if the email is in Control Panel > System > Email Queue . Make sure email sending is enabled in Control Panel > System > General Settings > Email Settings.
2) Go to Manage Space > Permissions > User and check the Invite People permission for your role.
1) I do not see anything in the email queue. I will follow up on that.
2) Permissions seem to be in place, any other setting I need to check to invite people to spaces?
Do you see an Invite People link in Manage Space? It should be under the People section.
HI, OK yes i see an (+) Add People under the <sub-space> manage space.
After I added a user, they received a notification.
Question - user does not see the sub-space under listings of spaces/communities and can only access the sub-space by clicking on the notification to the sub-space under the (bell). Is this the expectation?
Sub spaces don't appear in Browse Spaces . For members of the sub space, the sub space should appear in the Spaces dropdown menu in the header. Sub spaces also appear on the parent space's Activity Stream. Take a look at the Sub Space page to see screenshots and learn more.
hi grace, what about search? it should appear there as well, if you are member?
Yes, sub spaces and their content appear in search for space members.
to clarify all subspaces, regardless if private or public sub spaces?
Yes, private sub spaces and their content also appear in search for space members.
Choose a location