Loading ...

Embed music/sound on an article page | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Embed music/sound on an article page
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Embed music/sound on an article page

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

I'm testing to see how to add sound or music onto an article page and have it play automatically, but nothing I've found online has worked. Every time I save my article, the code is stripped out. Is there a setting that is preventing me from doing this correctly? It also appears the URL for the music file isn't correct when I right-click and choose Copy link address. Usually, it's a weird URL that is copied, but in this case, it's just a standard path that leads to the actual fle.

I've tried using the <embed>, <audio>, and <iframe> codes, but those don't work. 

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

This is a known bug where the rich text editor strips out some HTML tags. Our development team is looking into it. We'll contact you once a fix is available.

Where are you copying the file link from? The file list?

Grace

• Xenon

Yes. I'm copying the file from the file list. The URL just shows a path to the list, but usually it's a more complicated-looking URL when I copy image paths. I wasn't sure if that was correct or not.

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Xeng,

Follow the steps below.

1. From the file list, click the file name
    2. Click the gear icon
    3. Right-click Download
    4. Click Copy Link Address
    5. Paste the URL in a text editor
    6. Remove &v=1&zip=true from the URL

You should now have the direct link to the audio file.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)