Loading ...

@everyone mentions or activity stream notifications | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » @everyone mentions or activity stream notifications
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

@everyone mentions or activity stream notifications

Subscribe to RSS
  • Elkfarhane

Hi there, 

We have an all staff space, not the top-level community since that doesn't allow for posting to a wall in the same way, but posts there are getting ignored because they don't generate any type of notification if you aren't mentioned individually or through content you are subscribed to. 

These posts are relevant to all staff and are social or mostly social in nature so I don't want to have to @mention 20-30 people just to get their attention. This is really hurting our ability to socialize the intranet because only a handful of people check the activity stream regularly without being prompted. 

Any ideas?

• gskamau

Hey Elk,

One option is to mark the content as Required Reading when you create it. Space members will receive a notification and an email that they are required to read the content.

Another option is to use discussions to generate notifications to all space members. In Manage Space: Settings check the "Auto-subscribe new/existing members to all forums" setting. All space members will be subscribed to all forums, and will receive notifications and emails when a new discussion or reply is posted.

You can also post to the space wall and link to the content. The wall post will generate an email to all space members. Make sure that the setting "Disable email notifications (sent to all members) when a new wall post is made" is unchecked in Manage Space > Space Settings.

Grace

• Elkfarhane

You can also post to the space wall and link to the content. The wall post will generate an email to all space members. Make sure that the setting "Disable email notifications (sent to all members) when a new wall post is made" is unchecked in Manage Space > Space Settings.

I think that this is the issue. Since 95% of people have turned off the email notifications because they can only be turned ON/OFF then there are no notifications delivered through the app or otherwise. From your response, it seems that the only way to highlight a wall post on an activity stream is to create a discussion or keep the emails on... How do other Communifire customers deal with this or how does Communifire deal with this internally with your social or all staff spaces. 

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Elk,

You can also make use of the Daily Digest Email and configure the email to send even when users' email notifications are disabled. Go to Control Panel > System > System Properties and set SendDigestsWithoutEmailNotifyEnabled to true.

Grace

• Elkfarhane

The digest work-around is better than the other options, we'll start using that.

Is there any chance of an update that pushes through notifications so that it shows up on the ticker on the top left hand-side and on the mobile app? 

Thanks for your help.

• gskamau

Hey Elk,

You can send a notification to all space members using Dynamic Properties. Take a look at Manage Space: Add Dynamic Properties .

Grace

• Elkfarhane

As I'm sure you know, dynamic properties do not allow conversation--it's not a very good tool for anything except top-down communication of office news or similar pieces. I think that rigging the daily digest email like you mentioned is the best option of a bunch of mediocre options... I see no reason why someone posting on our community wall doesn't trigger a notification on the page or on the app. We'll just have to live with this shortcoming when using this tool, I guess. 

Thanks for your help, as always!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)