Loading ...

Workflows | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
  • tjagresti

How do I disable workflow/content approval?

I've gone into a space and confirmed that workflow feature is not active.  I've tried to edit the workflow to deselect active but I cannot change it. I've tried to delete teh workflow step but I get a message that I cannot delete the workflow step.

The space is set to unmoderated.

So, what do I have to do to not get a notification that I have to approve content or workflow?  What am I missing?

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

When Workflow Settings are set to No, you shouldn't get notifications to approve content. What kind of content are you receiving notifications for?

Grace

• raghav_khunger

Hi Thomas,

Setting the Workflow for specific entity to "NO" should be enough to disable the Workflow:

Thanks,
    Raghav

• tjagresti

No sir.  I keep getting notifications to approve content.

• raghav_khunger
    Grace, can you check whether this behavior is specific to idea comment only?
  • tjagresti

It's not just ideas?  Not sure where you got that.  I get request to approve content on all kinds of posting.  Comments to discussions, ideas, tasks.

• tjagresti

And the settings for the spaces are all set to No for workflow.

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

Could you share the space name where this is happening? Feel free to open a private case here if there is sensitive information.

Grace

• tjagresti

I get content approval requests from Pilots, HR, Safety, Dispatch, New Hire Handbook, Training, Training Scheduling Workgroup....

You get the idea?  All spaces.

• tjagresti

Add this twist.  Even when I get a notification that workflow is pending approval by workflow in my Activity Stream shows nothing.

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

Go to Control Panel > System > General Settings > Advanced Settings and uncheck Moderate article comments. You should stop receiving notifications to approve pending content.

You won't be able to approve any pending comments after moderation is disabled, so I would recommend approving pending comments before disabling moderation. To do this, you must click the notification, hover over the comment, and click Approve.

Grace

• tjagresti

I did this the day you wrote the reply.

I am still getting the same notifications.  I rechecked everything again.  I need this to get fixed.  I can't be holding up discussions or other content flow while I am flying or on vacation.  

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Thomas,

Follow the steps below.

1. Go to Control Panel > System > Application Settings
    2. Expand the Workflow Settings and Comment Workflow Settings sections
    3. Set the workflows to Off
    4. Click Submit

Grace

• tjagresti

Done.  I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)