Loading ...

How do add departments in the profile area? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » How do add departments in the profile area?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

How do add departments in the profile area?

Subscribe to RSS
  • tsanders

need to add several departments in the user profile area. How do I do that?

• aparna
    Answered

Hi Tyler,

You can use our built-in widget "Department":

This is where you can add/remove department options:

Thanks,
    Aparna

• tsanders

where in the control panel is this department widget?

• aparna

You can refer this documentation Edit Edit Profile Page 

Select widgets, now under fields there will be widget named Department, you will have to drag-drop it wherever you want it to be on the page.
    Double click on the department widget, go to the "field options" tab, add your options and save the widget.

After saving the widget with your department options, you will have to use the same widget on the user profile page which will display your selected department on the user profile page.

Thanks,
    Aparna

• tsanders

ok thanks

• tsanders

We have over 20 departments and this only lets me add 10? How can I add more?

• aparna

I am able to add 20 options in the department widget using chrome browser on windows. Can you please try doing the same in a different browser?

Thanks,
    Aparna 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)