Loading ...

Email notifications upon updating a file in a space | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Email notifications upon updating a file in a space
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Email notifications upon updating a file in a space

Subscribe to RSS
  • Xenon

I recently updated a file that lived in a specific space. As soon as I did that, one of the other admins received an email notification informing him of that update. 

He and I weren't sure why this email was sent, since we have email notifications turned off in the space permissions. Does anyone know why this occurred or how we can disable this if it isn't related to space permissions?

• gskamau

Hey Xeng,

Is the user following the file? If so, he will receive an email when the content is updated. It isn't possible to disable this, but he can unfollow the content by opening the file and clicking Unfollow.

Grace

• Xenon

I don't see a follow option anywhere on the file page. I only see that option when I'm viewing an article.

• gskamau
    Answered

Hey Xeng,

If you originally uploaded the file, you will not see the Follow button.

Grace

• Xenon

Understood. Thanks, Grace!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)