Loading ...

Private Space Comments Appearing in Activity Ticker | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Private Space Comments Appearing in Activity Ticker
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Private Space Comments Appearing in Activity Ticker

Subscribe to RSS
  • cjohnson

Today, I've noticed that wall posts and comments from private spaces in which they are not a part of are being pushed to Site Administrators' Activity Tickers. This issue does not appear to be occurring with people of other roles. I've observed the following:

1. The "Guest" view permissions for these spaces in not turned on.

2. There are no "Connections" that would be overriding these view permissions.

3. The activity is not in the ticker for "Top Level Community," but under the ticker for the space itself (as in previous instances). As a result, I don't want to immediately delete it like I have in previous instances (but would consider it) since it would be beneficial for those who are actually part fo the space.

4. I rebuilt the Activity Feed and the Search Index to see if the content would clear, but it did not.

While our Site Administrators are a small circle in our organization, its certainly not best practice to have random pieces of information visible to people who are not part of a private space. Let me know what further steps can be taken.

• aparna
    Answered

Hi Charles,

This appears to be a bug, I have created a case for our development team to fix it. We will let you know once we have a fix for the same.

Thanks,
    Aparna

• aparna

Hi Charles,

This issue has been fixed, can you please create a private case here, so that we can schedule a time to update your site with the latest patches.

Thanks,
    Aparna

• cjohnson

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)