Loading ...

Top Level Discussion Creation | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Top Level Discussion Creation
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Top Level Discussion Creation

Subscribe to RSS
  • cbunts

Hi, 

I am looking to allow the ability to create a Discussion Forum from the Top Level Community.  I have made the change in the Applications Settings to enable Discussions so it will show up in the Browse drop down list but I still do not get the option for Discussions.  It works for Cases but not Discussion.  In conjunction with this, where does Top Level content such as Cases get placed (which space).

Any guidance?

• nvstiers
    Answered

Hey Chris,

You're Top Level community is like it's own space that everyone is invited to:

"Top level community" refers to the entirety of your intranet, in contrast to spaces, which are sub-communities of the top level community. If a space is private, users who are not members of the space cannot view its content, whereas everyone in your intranet can view top level content.

To find content that is created and lives in the Top Level community you will go to Control Panel > Content 

You will likely need to first create a forum before discussions will appear in the browse menu.

To do this you will go to Control Panel > Content > Discussions > Add Forum

Please see our documentation Top Level: Discussions 

• cbunts

I went  ahead created a group before I could create a forum.  Now I can see and create a new discussion.   

Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)