Loading ...

Required Read Video | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Required Read Video
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Required Read Video

Subscribe to RSS
  • tjagresti

Is there a way to required the user to watch an entire video before confirming required read on a video?

And if I upload the video to a space file do I use file location URL as the Source for insert media in the body of the video post?

What I'm trying to do is create a training video for users of the site with a thumbnail of the video in the post.  The nI want ot post it to our training space and make it a Required Read for all employees.    

• mtrujillo
      Answered

Hey Thomas,

There isn't a way to require the user to watch the full video.

If you upload the video as a file, you can't include it as a source in a new video post. You could try using an article instead, use the embed code of a video in your article, then use the featured image of an article for a thumbnail.

• tjagresti

Ok, so I copy the video address by right clicking on the video  in the file location, right?

You're saying to use the URL in an Article by using insert media function and inserting the URL address?  When I do that I don't see anything in the article.  If I use code editor and insert the html code to insert the video url then I get it to appear in the article.  Is this what you meant?

How do I create the thumbnail image from the video to upload as a featured image?

• nvstiers

Hey TJ,

you'll want to use the embed code located at the bottom of the video

Upload an image file as the featured image. If you need to make an image out of the video I would search on the Internet how to do this. You may need to use video editing software or a program like photoshop.

• tjagresti

My embed code field is at the top right of the upload video page? Is that what you mean?

• tjagresti

That seems to work and I can put the instructions in the main body and select Required Read.  So I think this works.

• nvstiers

No, that is for embedding a video from an external video hosting platform into your communifire site rather than uploading the video or using a youtube or vimeo url.

When you upload a video to your site and then view the video's page you will see the embed code at the bottom of the video so you can embed it throughout your site.

• tjagresti

Ugh.   I see it on the test video. So I copy that embed code. Now what?  Are we back to using an Article instead of the straight video upload?    How do I embed that into an article?

• nvstiers

To embed a video into an article you can use the Insert Media button and paste your embed code.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)