Loading ...

Deleted Drop Down Values Don't Go Away | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Deleted Drop Down Values Don't Go Away
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Deleted Drop Down Values Don't Go Away

Subscribe to RSS
  • cjbrooks

When trying to delete options from drop down lists, they are removed from the Field Options in the field widget but do not go away when using it on a filter.  How do we clear it out of the filter drop down list?

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

Which filter are you referring to? The Filter Field or the filter dropdown in a People Directory type People Widget ?

Grace

• cjbrooks

The Filter Field based on a Drop Down profile field

'ABS' is not in the associated profile field

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Utilities and Rebuild Caches .

Grace

• cjbrooks

Rebuild caches did not solve the issue

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

I checked the Company Grouping field options and see ABS in the list now. Could you try deleting it again?

Grace

• cjbrooks

I deleted 'ABS' and 'New Option' from the Field Options, refreshed the cache but its still available to select in the drop down

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

When you delete the options, are you saving the widget and publishing the page?

After publishing the page, hit refresh and check field options again. Are they still there?

Grace

• cjbrooks

I go into the Edit Profile page builder - open field widget - delete option - save widget - publish page - go to page (still there in drop down) - Reload page builder and its also back in the options as if I never deleted.

• gskamau

Hey Chris,

We are investigating.

Grace

• gskamau
      Answered

Hey Chris,

An engineer applied a patch to your site. Could you try deleting the field options now?

Grace

• cjbrooks

That seems to have done it - thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)