Loading ...

Daily Digest Emails - User Has Joined Space | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Daily Digest Emails - User Has Joined Space
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Daily Digest Emails - User Has Joined Space

Subscribe to RSS
  • gdaughaday

Is there a way to suppress the "User XXX has joined the space" notices from the Daily Digest Emails? We are set up where every employee is a member of every space so it is extraneous information that ends up drowning out the important information in these emails.

Thanks.

• nvstiers
      Answered

Hi Glen,

Go to Control Panel > System > System Properties and set LogUserCreateActivityInNewsFeed to false

This will remove the user has joined message from spaces activity feed and also from the daily digest

• gdaughaday

Perfect. I have applied the change and I will verify tomorrow that it worked correctly.

Thanks.

• gdaughaday

I set the value of that property yesterday as specified but our Daily Digest today still had mentions of a user has joined the space. Is there anything else we need to do to get that flag to take effect?

• nvstiers
      Answered

Hi Glen,

When I tested this I added 3 members to my test space and then sent the digest.

It reported 3 new member joined.

I then set the LogUserCreateActivityInNewsFeed to false

I added 10 more members

I then sent the daily digest, the digest still reported the 3 member whose activity was already recorded but it did not report the 10 new members who joined after set the property to false.

I would recommend testing this after a full 24 hour period, it may take a cycle or two to see the results

• gdaughaday

Makes sense. I will monitor over the next week or so and let you know what we see.

Thanks.

Glenn

• gdaughaday

I wanted to follow up, it looks like this setting has worked. We are no longer seeing the "User has joined space" messages in our digest emails. Thank you very much for your assistance.

• nvstiers

Glad it worked!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)