Loading ...

Chat with offline user, no email sent to user | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Chat with offline user, no email sent to user
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Chat with offline user, no email sent to user

Subscribe to RSS
  • sjackson

I wanted to see how to toggle email notifications (if possible), since i know previously, if you sent a chat message to a user and that user was not online, they would receive an email. That is no longer the case, unless I was supposed to turn that feature on.

• sunny

Hi Stephanie,

We are receiving emails in out testing site for the first message that has been sent to the user in a while, are you receiving other emails properly in your community? Just to confirm please try sending a custom email to yourself using Mass Email 

Sunny

• sunny

Also, please make sure you have enabled email notifications in your Preferences 

• sjackson

Email notifications are enabled. I also received a message using the Mass email function to myself. I also receive space updates daily. I don't receive an email when I miss a chat message though. Others have also notified me of this. Thoughts?

• mtrujillo

Hey Stephanie,

Do you have your site open on any other computers, phones, or tablets? Could you try with a new test user?

Matt

• sjackson

Yes, I tried with a new test user. That user account did not receive an email notifying them of the missed chat.

• mtrujillo

Hey Stephanie,

We have been trying to replicate this without success. Question, does it work for an iphone user, but not for an android user?

Matt

• sjackson

It happens for all users, whether they are on a phone (iPhone or android) or if they are a desktop user. 

No one receives an email for missed chat messages. 

• sjackson

We used to get emails from the site like this, for missed Chat messages:

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)