Loading ...

Subspaces in search | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Subspaces in search
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Subspaces in search

Subscribe to RSS
  • arester

Is there a way to ensure that subspaces (not content within subspaces, but rather the subspaces themselves) appear in search results?

• arester

To clarify, I'm talking about subspaces in which the user is not a member.

• mtrujillo

Hey Aaron,

Check out System Properties  > IncludeSubSpacesInSpaceSearchResults

Matt

• arester

I'm not sure this does quite what I'm looking for. If I understand correctly, turning that setting to "true" would allow me to do the following:

• I have a space called "Academic Affairs," which has a subspace called "Registrar." If I search within "Academic Affairs," content from "Registrar" will also appear.

What I am looking to have happen is:

• At the top level community, I type "Registrar" into the search bar in the nav, and under the suggested spaces, "Registrar" appears, even if I am not a member of that space. 

• mtrujillo
      Answered

Hey Aaron,

The security/permissions checking slows performance dramatically if we include a lot of content in subspaces. We plan to address the performance issue in a future version, currently, we do not search subspaces globally, only at the parent space level. You could include a search box on your the parent space homepage using Page Builder .

• SharylW

Hi, Matt. Following up on your 9/2018 reply above to see if this functionality has been updated. We conducted a global search for content stored in a public subspace and it appeared in the global search results list.

• SharylW

Hi Matt - Just to clarify current global search functionality: When conducting a global search for content containing a specific keyword/phrase, can the user expect that the system will search both public spaces and public subspaces? Thanks again!

• Agent232

Hi Sharyl, Please ensure the System Property [IncludeSubSpacesInSpaceSearchResults = true] and then perform a [ Rebuild Search Index ] to ensure reliable space + subspace search results.

For more info see System Properties 

Searching from the top menu bar, entering the search phrase and pressing {enter} performs a more thorough search, though using the sidebar search box works just fine.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)