Loading ...

Search widget does search within wiki | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Search widget does search within wiki
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Search widget does search within wiki

Subscribe to RSS
  • amcphee

When using the search widget in a space it doesn't find anything within applications, like wiki or files.

However the search menu item on left menu does.

Is this a bug or a limitation of the search widget?

• mtrujillo
    Answered

Hey Antony,

We would like to upgrade you to the latest version of Communifire to help with this issue. Learn more here. If you would like to upgrade, please submit a case here to discuss a time.

Matt

• jswaddell

I, too, am having this problem. I've created a Space, "Links", with a long list of links within tables in a Rich Text Widget. I've added a Search Widget, but using that widget is not returning any results. I am not showing the Space navigation links, but when I did show them as a test, and tried the search in the left nav, I got the same results (nothing). Can Space Search not search within simple HTML tables?

• Foster

Hi Jay,

The Search Widget you created is set to the space Links. The search you added will only search the space selected. As the Links space is mostly empty, it will not return any results. If you search "Jay" in the search, you will see your profile appear, as you are the only member of the space.

Try switching the widgets selected space to "Top Level" or another space to see more results.

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• jswaddell

But I want it to search the space Links, and only that space. I'm not sure why you say the space is mostly empty. I have over 240 URLs listed, each with a title and description. Can that widget not search the text in the space?

• Foster

Hi Jay,

That is correct, the widget will only search people and content in the space your specify. It will not search the text on the page. 

If a user needs to find text on the page, it is usually easiest to have them use Ctrl+F to search the page. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

• jswaddell

One more question: could you clarify what "content" is searchable from Space Search?

Additionally, if I created an Article in this space and copied all my links into the Article, would it search the content of the Article?

• Foster

Hi Jay,

You can check out our Search Documentation for more information. But the following is included.

I hope this information is useful,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)