Loading ...

Bulk Import with Custom Fields | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Bulk Import with Custom Fields
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Bulk Import with Custom Fields

Subscribe to RSS
  • hnabbasi

Hi,

Is there a way to bulk upload people along with their contact information info and with custom fields?

Thanks 

System Admin II, Prairie View A&M University
  • mtrujillo
    Answered

Hey Hassan,

Check out Bulk Import Users . It isn't possible to import contact information via the web interface in version 5.2, but in our new version coming in the next few months, you will be able to. I believe your site has SAML integration, depending on the provider, the users information will be populated when they login if their information is in the authentication providers system. 

Since you have a launch package, we can use some of that time to import basic contact information for you. Feel free to contact me via email if you are interested in this option.

Matt

• Good afternoon Matt,

Quick question related to this topic. We recently purchased our Communifire License and are currently looking for the best way to upload or save, our lists of contacts. They are suppliers of ours and not employees, so they won't have access to Communifire. What is the best and most efficient way for me to achieve this? Some contacts may belong to the same company, so it would be good if I can group them in some way.

Thank you!

Miguel

• gskamau

Hey Miguel,

Could you clarify what your requirements are for this? Do the contacts need accounts on your Communifire site? What format is the contact information currently saved in? How do you want people to access and use the contact information?

Grace

• Hi Grace, thank you for getting back to me. What I need is very basic I believe. We need to have a centralized place in Communifire to add contact information from vendors. They will not have access to Communifire, we just need our users to be able to find their names, affiliation, phone number, email etc.. easily. Maybe via  search of by going to a directory that we can build? It does not have to be a CRM as we don't have funds currently to purchase any more licences, but a directory yes.

i.e.

Miguel Carrillo
    Company
    Occupation
    Tel. +1 (111) 111-1111
    1234 Street Ave.
    City, State 33333
    USA.
    Photo attached maybe

Thank you!

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Miguel,

Typically the people directory is meant for active users of your community. Instead, you could embed a Google Docs sheet, or another 3rd party directory tool in a page within Communifire. 

There are several ways to do this, including using JotForm, Google Drive , or Wufoo Forms . You could also embed another online document using the pagebuilder's IFrame Widget .

I hope that one of these solutions is helpful to you.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Thank you very much Foster!! This truly helps, we will consider all these options indeed and see which one is the best for us. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)