Loading ...

Tasks with no specifically assigned user | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Features and Functionality » Tasks with no specifically assigned user
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Features and Functionality

Tasks with no specifically assigned user

Subscribe to RSS
  • Stacy

Is there a way to create a task without having a specifically assigned user? For example, we would like to create a task list for certain space groups, as an "I'm bored, and need something to do," kind of idea. What would be the best way to "assign" this task before someone picks up the item as their own? 

Stacy

• mtrujillo

Hey Stacy,

This is available in our latest update. I'll contact you via email to schedule your upgrade.

Matt

• emcconville

Hi Matt, I have a member asking about this same functionality - creating a task for space groups. I have not found documentation relative to options for assigning tasks (unassigned, or group assignments). Do you have information you can share?  Thank you!

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Elizabeth,

You can check out our Create Task documentation if you would like.

As for having a task unassigned, you can leave the Assigned To section blank and the task will be created without being assigned to anyone. You cannot assign a task to multiple users, however you can add followers to a task to have more people aware of it and following along with its updates.

Thanks,
    Foster

• emcconville

Thank you Foster, I have the documentation referenced. I am concluding there is no way to assign tasks to multiple users. The Not Assigned feature is working as you described. Although  once a task is assigned I cannot unassign it.
    When I attempt to unassign a task by editing the task and deleting the assigned name it reverts to the previous assignment when saved - in other words I can't unassign a task previously assigned. Is that as intended?

• Foster

Hi Elizabeth, 

When you edit a task, you can remove the assigned user by clicking the X next to their name.

This will remove that user from being assigned. Once the user is removed, it will default back to the user who created the task. 

I hope this helps,
    Foster

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)