Loading ...

Roles are dropping from members | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Roles are dropping from members
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Roles are dropping from members

Subscribe to RSS
  • We have run into a recent issue with Roles being removed from members.   We have setup our pages to now leverage roles but are finding that members are running into issues seeing content as roles are dropping.

Example is Username 175158.  This member had the TOEmployee role but dropped.

Based on a scrub of our members it appears this happen to ~200 members.

I'm going to add back the role via a bulk import again but what can we do to stop this from occurring?

• Hi Gabriel,

This is a known issue where user roles are removed when someone logs in via SSO. There's a bug where the system checks the SSO provider for user roles and updates the roles in Communifire. Our development team is working on a fix, and we'll let you know when the fix is available.

Grace

• Hi Grace! Do we have an ETA for this fix?

• Hi Brooke,

We're planning to update your site in the next couple of days with a fix. We'll let you know when you've been updated.

Grace

• Thanks Grace - we are really in need of this issue being solved ASAP as we having our weekly communications going out to all users today that go into effect next week. 

When you finalize the fix and upload the user profile roles,  can you let me know so I can have a few stores test?

When Gabe tried to upload a bulk user file he also received the below error.

• Hi Brooke,

Your site was updated with the fix for the roles being removed after logging in via SSO. For any users missing their roles, you'll need to assign the roles in Manage People again.

Some changes were made to bulk import, so I believe another site update will fix the issue with bulk import on your site. I'll check with our team when we can update you again to fix bulk import.

Grace

• Hi Grace - 

I know Gabe and Brooke both reached out to you. I'm following up to see when you will have a fix for this issue? This is concerning as I've have several people reach out tonight and state that they are unable to view content on the site. Do you have an eta on when this issue will be resolved so we can update our team? 

Thank you.

-Janelle 

• I believe just the roles need to be updates as Grace said the fix was implemented!

• Hey Grace - we see that ~700 people do not have the TO employee role on One Spot. I was hopeful that you could complete this for us. Also, I know we originally said that everybody's email had to say @temp.com however I see a lot that say @replace_me.com. Just curious what the difference is.

We need to make sure everybody has:

• 6 digit username with all numbers for SSO
    • correct email domain (example: @temp.com or whatever this needs to be)
    • every "member" only listed also needs to  have the "TO Employee" role
  • Hi Brooke and Janelle,

That's correct, the SSO login issue is fixed on your site and roles should no longer be removed after logging in.

Bulk import currently can't be used to update user roles. We may be able to do this for you however. Which users should have the "TO Employee" role? Do you have a list?

Could you share the name of a user who has @replace_me.com for their email domain?

Grace

• @Grace - Attached is an excel list. The employees highlighted in green are the ones who only have a Member role and the TO Employee role needs to be added. You will also see a variation of employees who have the @replace_me.com. We are unsure how that email address was uploaded. 

Thank you,

-Janelle 

• Hi Janelle,

Could you share the spreadsheet as an Excel file? CSV files don't retain Excel formatting.

We're looking into how the @replace_me.com email domain was added.

Grace

• Sure - attached is an excel file. 

Thank you.

• Hi Janelle,

Thank you. I'll let you know when roles have been updated.

I've deleted the attachments in your last two replies as our forums are publicly accessible. You can always create a private case here if you need to share sensitive information.

Grace

• Hi Janelle,

The "TO Employee" role has been added for the highlighted users.

Grace

• Great, thank you for your help! 

• Hi Janelle,

I noticed the users with the @replace_me.com email domain are named very regularly - like 100@replace_me.com, 101@replace_me.com, 103@replace_me.com, etc. Did you run a bulk import at some point and use @replace_me.com for email domains?

Grace

• Hi Grace - 

No, we never did a bulk import with that email address. We are unsure why or how that changed. 

Thanks!

-Janelle 

• Hi Janelle,

There isn't an automatic process that would have added the @replace_me.com domain. Since your users don't need real email addresses on your site, you can continue to use any email domain that is unlikely to exist, like @temp.com or @replace_me.com. @temp.com is automatically added by Communifire.

Grace

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)