Loading ...

Active Directory - Assign users to space | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Active Directory - Assign users to space
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Active Directory - Assign users to space

Subscribe to RSS
  • I'm having some issues auto assigning users to spaces using Active Directory attributes. Can you give me a nudge in the right direction?

1) I've created a number of custom roles, ex. Marketing

2) I created an auto assignment:

Something doesn't seem to be correctly configured...what does Active Directory need to pass in order to trigger these rules? Do I need to add something to the Data Mapping?

• Hi Randy,

We are looking into this.

Thanks,
    Raghav

• Answered

Hi Randy,

I think you want users to get access to some spaces as soon as they join the Community, based on their Active Directory roles.

In such a case, let Active Directory create these roles for you, these roles won't sync from Active Directory if you create them from Communifire. Is roles syncing working fine for you from Active Directory? Try removing roles created from Communifire, then run Start Active Directory Sync from Control Panel > System > Sync Active Directory Data > Click on Start Active Directory Sync.

After you finish following above steps, please wait for few minutes.

Once the roles are synced, then you can create the User Space Assignment Rules .

Also, please make sure CopyRolesFromAD property is set to true in WindowsADSettings.config, this file should be at the root folder of the site.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)