Loading ...

Searching SharePoint documents | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Searching SharePoint documents
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Searching SharePoint documents

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi,

Does the search functionality in Communifire look in SharePoint Folders and files as well?

• Hi Chris,

I am looking into whether or not this functionality is possible.

Thanks,
    Foster

• Hi Chris,

Yes, the search indexes Sharepoint files and returns results from Sharepoint file contents. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• HI Foster,

It does not seem to be working for me.

Here are three documents in the SharePoint file

The USA.png file was put into the SharePoint folder and synced.  When I go search on it, it does not appear in the search.  The other two native SharePoint test files are being found

Any thoughts?

• Hi Chris,

It does take some time for the index to hit new files that have been recently synced / uploaded. I am not sure how often the site is indexed, but I do know that it is not instantaneous. 

I would check back in about an hour or so to see if they show up in search. 

Thanks,
    Foster

• FYI - it has been at least two hours so far.  I will let you know how long it takes 

Thanks

• Thanks Chris, if it does not show by the end of the day, or by Monday, please let us know.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)