Loading ...

Limited API response data - only getting a fraction of what's available? | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Limited API response data - only getting a fraction of what's available?
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Limited API response data - only getting a fraction of what's available?

Subscribe to RSS
  • benjaminaker

Hi, I'm working on extracting some of our Communifire articles to use on internal information channels outside the platform.

However, when I send an API request, I only get a fraction of the articles available (in my case, 26 out of 1013 available articles). Is there any way I can control this to get more articles, let's say 50 or 100? 

• Foster

Hi Benjamin, 

What API call are you using to get these articles? Are you trying to get all articles site-wide or just from top-level or a certain space? 

Thanks,
    Foster

• benjaminaker

For example: 

https://unity.visma.com/api/content/list?token=(my token)&entitytype=3&sortcolumn=1

TotalRecords: 1024

Number of records in JSON file: 25

• sunny
    Answered

Hi Benjamin,

Please use PageLength parameter to increase the number of records, and checkout REST API: Get Content List for more details.

• benjaminaker

Aah, of course. Thanks so much! I completely overlooked that.

• benjaminaker

Hijacking my own thread here, for a follow up API question:

Any idea why some of my users won't display their email address in the API? 

These are just normal users, no admin role or whatever, and they haven't unchecked "share my email address".

• sunny

Hi Benjamin,

Can you please save your preferences and try to get the details again via API?

• benjaminaker

Done.

No change, same "ShowEmail": false entry.

It's weird that it seems so random, some users, even with more or less the same signup date have different ShowEmail preferences, and I've talked to some just to check that they haven't set anything themselves. None of the ones I talked to were even aware that the ShowEmail preference was an option.

• sunny

Hi Benjamin,

I can see email of this user via REST API: Get User, which api are you using?

• benjaminaker

Hi, sorry for the slow reply. I'm using /api/users, I need the list of all users, not just a query for one. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)