Loading ...

Required Read | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
  • tjagresti

I need a way to notify users that they have Require Reading that is on a homepage of their space and one click to the list of Required reading for that user.

Users do not want ot have to go to their activity stream, select more, then select required reading.

Is there a way?

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

You can add a link for My Required Reading to the homepage using a widget such as the Navigation List Widget or Rich Text Widget . Link to /myaccount/must-read-content . It isn't possible to check whether the user has required reading they need to confirm.

Grace

• tjagresti

I don't follow this? It isn't possible to check whether the user has required reading they need to confirm.

We can always check Require Reading we need to confirm through the steps I outlined, right?  Adding this link won't change that.

The link address you provided is specific to the user, correct?

The link will take them to the same place as selecting Activity Stream/Required Reading, Correct?

A users Activity Stream/Required reading is their personal must read content, correct?

So doesn't that mean the user can check if they have must read content in one quick link step?

• tjagresti

What I want ot do is add a button to the Search here that say "Must Read" that links to https://mykeylimeair.com/myaccount/must-read-content as you indicted to get a user a quick link to their required reading content.

It would be even better if the button had a notification icon that was active when their were required reading.  

There is nothing to tell the users they have required reading that stays active until the required reading is confirmed.

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

• I don't follow this? It isn't possible to check whether the user has required reading they need to confirm.
      I meant that it isn't possible to indicate in a widget that the user has active required reading. You can only provide a link to the required reading list.
    • We can always check Require Reading we need to confirm through the steps I outlined, right? Adding this link won't change that.
      The link address you provided is specific to the user, correct?
      The link will take them to the same place as selecting Activity Stream/Required Reading, Correct?
      A users Activity Stream/Required reading is their personal must read content, correct?
      So doesn't that mean the user can check if they have must read content in one quick link step
      Yes to all points above.
    • What I want ot do is add a button to the Search here that say "Must Read" that links to https://mykeylimeair.com/myaccount/must-read-content as you indicted to get a user a quick link to their required reading content.
      Could you provide a screenshot of where you want to add the button?
    • It would be even better if the button had a notification icon that was active when their were required reading.
      This isn't possible.

Grace

• tjagresti

To the Search Hero on the homepage next to the other 3.  

Do I simply add a line div class= line and add the address?

• gskamau

Hey Thomas,

Follow the steps below.

1. In Control Panel > System > Page Builder Templates, edit the Search Hero template
    2. Copy one of the lines starting with <div class="span4" 
    3. Paste the code where you want the new link to appear
    4. Update the link and text
    5. Change all span4 to span3
    6. Go to Control Panel > System > CSS Overrides and find the following rule:
    .axero-search-block .axero-search-block-sub .axero-search-block-links {
        max-width: 700px;
        margin: 15px auto;
    }
    1. Change 700px to 800px
    2. Click Save CSS Overrides

Grace

• tjagresti

I did what you instructed and our Search Hero image disappeared.  On the good side the Button works for Required reading now.

• tjagresti

Same issue across all platforms.  No Search Here image displaying.

After the image stopped displaying I changed the image for the mobile version.

/*AXERO STYLES TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND IMAGES ON MOBILE DEVICES*/
    @media (max-width: 667px){
    .cfx-hero{
    /*VERTICAL HERO BACKGROUND IMAGE*/
    background: url(https://mykeylimeair.com/fileattachment?file=fKxE02BcI3VnJi%2FYT4K%2FKg%3D%3D&v=1);
    /*VERTICAL HERO BACKGROUND IMAGE*/
    background-position: center !important;
    padding-top: 50%;

• tjagresti

Grace:

Nathaniel Stiers or  Matt Trujillo  just fixed the search hero images in the past.  If you could just do the same it would be more efficient.  I have to go be a pilot later today and I would like to see the site homepage and mobile version fixed as soon as possible.  Thanks.

• sunny
    Answered

Hi Thomas,

The Search Hero template was missing closing div tag, the image should be back on place.

• tjagresti

Thanks.  All good. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)