Loading ...

Video upload question | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Video upload question
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Video upload question

Subscribe to RSS
  • ctorres

How long does it take for videos to upload? I created mp4 videos (rather short 5-10 seconds) and uploaded. I got this message after uploading: 

Your video has been uploaded and is being processed. You will be notified when the processing is complete.

And when I went back in to check, still do not see. Thoughts?

• Foster

Hi Christine,

That message will show until the upload is finished, this can take several minutes to happen even on shorter videos.

• ctorres

But when I go back to view videos, I don't see any. Either uploaded by me or by other people in the space...

• Foster

Hi Christine,

Can you detail exactly the process you went through to upload the video? Did you upload directly into a space? Also, did you use the videos button on the sidebar, or did you post directly to the activity stream?

These details should help me assist in solving your issue.

Thanks,

Foster

• ctorres

Communities > [pick my space] > click videos from left hand side > 

tried from both:

Input video information, upload video, selected category (tried both instructional & wall)

Get the message  "Your video has been uploaded and is being processed. You will be notified when the processing is complete."

Checked back later as the one who posted & says "You haven't created any videos yet."

• Foster
    Answered

Hi Christine,

It looks like Tony from your team at Infor has been working with one of our engineers on the video issues. It looks like they are making progress on an internal case. Please get with Tony on this and our engineers will assist both of you in solving this issue via the already open case.

Thank you,

Foster

• ctorres

Yes i see improved response time to video now. Thanks.

• ctorres

Follow up:

I see the videos now immediately (featured/required reading/no setting) posted to the wall when using the Create>Video>Video URL (see below as per the pink entries)

When using Create>Video>Upload (using mp4 file), I see the videos on the videos link only, not the wall. Is this a limitation or an issue?

• Foster

Hi Christine,

I'm glad video's are uploading quickly for you now!  As for the thumbnails, it looks like that is a bug, I have let the developers know and will update you as soon as we have a fix available.

Thanks,
    Foster

• ctorres

so looks to be a bug that the uploaded videos are not showing up at the wall/news feed?

• Foster

Yes, the video's that you posted should be showing their thumbnail in the activity feed. I will let you know when we fix this.

Thanks,
    Foster

• raghav_khunger

Hi Christine Torres,

The video preview issue has been fixed. The fix will be provided for your site on next update.

It will appear like this:

Thanks,
    Raghav

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)