Loading ...

Photo | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
  • tjagresti

I am being asked the question about how to post a single photo without creating an album.  I don't see a simple path to posting  single photo.

What is the easiest way to post a single photo?

Or should I send out an instruction that you need create an album in your space or in the community top level and upload to that album?

• aparna
    Answered

Hi Thomas,

You can add a single photo in a wall post. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
    Aparna

• tjagresti

Aparna,

the wall post has the @ and # symbols.  If you type in the field "what's on your mind" it is just text.  There is no prompt to upload a photo? I tired copy and paste.  Nope.  I see in the notes I can copy a URL into the field to post a video.

I watched the videos for Activity Stream.  I still can't give someone simple directions on how to post a single picture without having to go to Photo Albums.

This is what I see.  What am I missing.  it can't be this hard.

• aparna

Yes, adding photo in wall post is only for Space Activity Stream and in case of Top Level community you will need to add the photo in the album only.

Thanks,
    Aparna

• tjagresti

That's not intuitive for users to have to go to a Space the select activity stream.  Is there a plan to add the same capability to the top level Activity Stream?

• mtrujillo

Hey Thomas,

Yes, we have plans to make global posting more intuitive. When you post to the top level activity stream, posts show for your Connections only, not to the entire intranet. We plan to improve this in a future version. For now, we suggest creating a "Global" space or "Corporate" space, add everyone as a member, and post in this space.

• tjagresti

Create a Company space for Top level Content?  they would still have to select Activity Stream, select photos on the left menu and then select add to "Album Name?" Correct?

• mtrujillo

As long as files and photos are enabled in the space, a photo icon should show up in the Activity Stream.

• tjagresti

Still not following the navigation instructions to give to the user from the Home Page.  Step by step for people with no tech background at all or they don't get it and won't do it.

1. Select you Name in the upper right
    2. Select Activity Stream under My Apps and Tools
    3. Select?  This takes them right back to having to go to the left toolbar and select photos and add to album.  The What's on your mind field does not have files and photos.

So, what is the step by step, click by click process?

• mtrujillo

Hey Thomas,

You could add a quick link or button on your homepage that links directly to "Global Space" > Activity Stream page. Users can also click Spaces dropdown > "Global Space" > Activity Stream. Keep in mind this is for posting to everyone on the intranet, it wouldn't have activities from other spaces because it is a space only activity stream.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)