Loading ...

Adding photos using the REST API | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Adding photos using the REST API
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Adding photos using the REST API

Subscribe to RSS
  • afitch

I can't seem to figure out how to add a photo to space photo album using the REST API. I've tried to follow the documentation of the create content api. I've set the entity type to 6, but what is unclear is actually how you attach bitmap/jpg image data in the json post. Doc says to use the ContentBody, but there is no details on if this is supposed to be Base64 encoded, or what the payload is supposed to look like.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?  Would be great if the documentation team added some more specifics on this. Adding pages and articles is easy - but the binary stuff is not as intuitive to figure out.

Thanks for any help

Andy

• aparna

Hi Andy,

Please try the same using this Api REST API: Add Photos . This is how you can pass data, I am using Advanced Rest Client for this request:

Thanks,
    Aparna

• afitch

Thanks Aparna,

I think I was using the wrong api endpoint. I was using the 'api/content' and passing in the entity type (the documentation looks like you can upload photos here but I guess not).

I'll try the /api/albums/id/photos endpoint - many thanks

Andy

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)