Loading ...

Question about string properties | Communifire Support

Home » Spaces » Communifire Support » forum » Communifire API & Developers » Question about string properties
Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

Question about string properties

Subscribe to RSS
  • SMitch0505

In Communifire, for our page builder templates if you dig into the code you'll find various string properties that are entered, but we have no idea where those are declared or pull their data. For example on our Intranet front page we want to show Anniversaries and Birthdays for our employees and whoever wrote this code declared a string property for NextAnniversaryString but didn't declare anything for Birthday so it's using that Anniversary string for both Birthdays AND Anniversaries. Where in Communifire can I find where these strings pull their data so I can then setup one for Birthday dates...? 

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Take a look at Page Builder Template Language Syntax . Also see the Birthdays and Anniversaries Template which displays different text for birthdays and anniversaries.

Grace

• SMitch0505

Hi Grace. We have used the templates but we are wondering where it is actually pulling the data from. There are String fields in these templates like NextAnniversaryString but we just need to know where that string gets it's data. 

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Some variables such as Title and Username pull from content or user data. Other variables like NextAnniversaryString pull from Localized Content . You can find and update the resources in Control Panel > System > Localized Content.

Grace

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Correction, YearsString uses localized content. NextAnniversaryString indicates the date of the next anniversary in string format according to the user’s date format.

Grace.

• SMitch0505

Let me know if this makes sense or not Grace. Below is how we are mapping our data for our Communifire using Microsoft Azure. We have extensionattribute10 pulling from AD that is for Birthday and extensionattribute9 which is pulling for Anniversary date. In the Anniversaries and Birthday templates I'm still questioning why it's only pulling Anniversary dates and no birthdays. Because in that template NextAnniversaryString looks like it's the only string for data and there's nothing for Birthday. 

From Azure: 

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Is your widget configured to display birthdays? Edit the widget and check under Fields.

Grace

• SMitch0505

I think our issue is we aren't getting that fields section like you are in that screenshot. Does that mean our widget isn't configured for it? 

• gskamau

You have an older version of the widget but it should still work. Try setting Total items to a large number and Upcoming birthdays and anniversaries days to 365, then preview the page. Do you see any birthdays in the widget?

• SMitch0505

When I do it that way it will only display 1 birthday in a list of 80 items. The dates on that list ranging from 3/12 - 6/16 and there should be a lot more birthdays. 

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Check that birthdays were imported into Communifire correctly. Edit a profile that should have a birthday and confirm that Date of birth is entered.

Try to Rebuild Search Index in Control Panel > System > Advanced System Utilities.

Grace

• SMitch0505

We verified it's pulling correctly for birthdate on many of our user's profiles like below. 

But when I go to that widget and do it for 50 items and 365 days it should show his birthday since it is 03/13 but it is not. Still only showing anniversaries and no birthdays. Would rebuilding the search index fix this issue? 

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Rebuilding the search index may fix the issue. If it doesn't, we can update your site.

Grace

• SMitch0505

Unfortunately it's still doing the same thing not pulling any birthdays for the next 2 weeks. 

• gskamau

Hey Scott,

Please submit a private case here to upgrade your site.

Grace

• SMitch0505

Thanks I submitted. 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)