Loading ...

User moderation | Communifire Support

Communifire Support

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Don’t have a support community login?Create your account now
Posted in: Communifire API & Developers

User moderation

Subscribe to RSS
  • myfell

I have just invited 1250 people and they are all awaiting activation because I have user moderation on.

Below are people that have requested to join your intranet. They are Pending Activation because you have user moderation turned on. You must activate them before they can login. You can also resend activation emails, edit users, and delete users.

I have never had this happen before.  How can I fix it?????

Thanks

Michelle

• mtrujillo

Hey Michelle,

Go to Control Panel > People > Manage People > Pending Activation - change the records per page at the bottom right to show 200, then select the Select All checkbox at the top left and mass approve people. You will have to do this a few times until everyone is approved.

• myfell

Thanks Matt, I'm doing that, but it doesn't happen very quickly. Meantime they're emailing me!  It will all be ok.  Just feels a little overwhelming.  I have another batch to invite, can you tell me where I went wrong?

• mtrujillo

I'm in your site and it looks like everyone is approved, good job!

What function did you use to invite/add people? Can you please provide navigation path since there are several different ways to invite/add people to Communifire.

You could check General Settings > Auto Approve Members, then uncheck this box after you're done inviting people.

• myfell

Hey there,

Actually I have 767 to go and I just had my 3rd crash

Application Error

The application has experienced an error - we apologize for the inconvenience.

If the issue persists please notify the site's technical team.

Please try the following:

• Return to the community homepage.
    • Click the Back button in your browser to try a different link.
    • If you typed the address in the Address Bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    • View Exception Log

I'm looking at the exception log and there are hundreds from today and everyone is getting multiple emails

• myfell

I just received an email from an employee that received 3 emails and can't get to the site

• mtrujillo

Hi Michelle,

We are working on this right now, we will get back to you shortly.

• mtrujillo

We had some performance issues, everything should be settled now. Can the users get to the site? We apologize, Atul will be contacting you shortly about moving to our new hosting provider we mentioned previously.

• myfell

Matt, I can get to the site, but I have 1300 people that I don't know what emails they received.  So I guess  a couple questions

Is there somewhere I can look at what emails they were sent? 

Should I activate the people that haven't been activated.

Michelle

• myfell

Also, Atul just contacted us and is giving us new DNS info.... we just moved this to our servers and changed the DNS to ours per your guys request

• mtrujillo

Hey Michelle,

I will email you directly about this.

• mtrujillo

There isn't a way to look at sent emails.

I don't see a problem with activating them.

• myfell

I feel like, at least in part, activating them is what is causing the site to go down.

• myfell

Matt,

I just activated some people (10-15) and it brought the site down for a couple minutes.  Can you email me please?

Michelle

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)