Axero typically publishes one major version a year. Service versions, which contain bug fixes, are published monthly and sometimes weekly. Learn how to upgrade to the latest major version or service version of Communifire.
1. Download: Download and unzip the latest version of Communifire on your web server. On-premise customers should have access to the Communifire Installations Files space. If you do not have access, please submit a private case.
2. Backup: Backup site files and SQL database.
3. Stop Elasticsearch: If Elasticsearch is installed locally, stop the service in Services.
4. Clear Files: To prevent production configuration files from being overwritten, you must remove the following files and folders from the unzipped files.
5. Update Site Files: Copy all files from unzipped /Software/*.* and paste files in your site folder.
6. Update SQL Database: IMPORTANT: Your current 5.2 database must be updated to the latest 5.2 version. 1. Run /DB_Script/CF_Database_Update5.0-to-5.2.sql on database. 2. Run /DB_Script/CF_Database_Update5.2-to-6.0 sql on database. 3. Run /DB_Script/CF_Database_Update6.0-to-7.0 sql on database.
7. Update Elasticsearch from 2.3.2 to 7.5.
8. Start app pool in IIS.
9. If your site works, uninstall the previous version of Java and remove the Elasticsearch 2.3.2 service by typing in command prompt:
/Communifire/assets/bin/elasticsearch-6.0.0/elasticsearch-service remove [SERVICE NAME] (retrieve this from the service title in Services.)
is requesting access to a wiki that you have locked: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/5/communifire-documentation/wiki/view/25462/on-premise-upgrade